Questions about courses
To make a course-related enquiry please contact the relevant course team. Contact information for course teams can typically be found within the UCL Extend course or as part of the course description listed on the UCL Short Courses
Payment, technical, account or other issues
If you experience an issue purchasing a course, are unable to access a course to which you should have access, or have any other type of technical issue, please contact UCL Digital Education at email@example.com.
Try to include any order number you have been given, the course name, details of your query, and your contact information in the email.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any queries about UCL Extend please read the following frequently asked questions (FAQs) as they may provide an answer.
- By undertaking a UCL Extend course, am I a student of UCL?
- Why do some courses charge VAT (Value Added Tax)?
- Why is my order pending payment / I ordered and can't see my courses?
- Can someone else pay for my course?
- What if my employer or other sponsoring organisation wishes to pay via some special arrangement?
- Purchasing multiple places / buying for more than one person
- How do I use the Manage Licences feature?
- How do I access my course?
No. In buying and undertaking a course, you will not be a student of University College London (UCL) and will not be entitled to the rights and benefits of a student at UCL.
You will not make any claim or permit any third party to make a claim that, as a result of buying and undertaking the course, you are or should be a student at UCL.
VAT is charged on most goods and services within the European Union. UK VAT is currently 20%. UCL Extend courses which are taught entirely online must charge VAT. All courses which
charge VAT will clearly label this in the course description on the UCL Short Courses website under a section titled ‘Cost & VAT’. If you are unsure, check the total cost in your basket or contact the course administrator before you proceed to checkout
If you have chosen to pay by invoice this can take time to process. UCL will be in touch with details of how to pay, and you will only gain access to a course once payment
has been received.
Yes. In order for someone else to pay for a course you will need to direct them to the payment part of the process. Anyone (including your company) may pay for your course. If payment is made by
credit or debit card the corresponding details can be added during payment. If payment is to be made by invoice, please direct them towards the request for an invoice when it arrives in your email inbox.
This could be a situation where your organisation wishes to pay by invoice, or for a number of learners at the same time, or via any
other special arrangement. If this is the case, please contact the course team, using details listed on the UCL Short Courses website.
Some courses allow you to purchase more than one place or course ‘licence’. This means you can purchase the course for more than one person. To do this, add the course to
your basket and then change the Quantity at the Checkout screen. Some courses offer discounts for more than one licence. Once you have completed payment, you'll be sent further instructions for using the 'Manage Licences' feature to allocate licences
to specific individuals.
UCL Extend allows the purchase of multiple places (licences) for a course and some courses may offer discounts for purchasing multiple licences. You do not need to be registered on the course
yourself in order to be a licence administrator, although you can be both.
Before you start you'll need a list of learners' first names, last names, and email addresses. These are required by the Manage Licences feature to create accounts and process enrolments.
You must have purchased multiple licences to a course (see Question #6 above) to use the feature. Once payment has cleared (this is instantaneous for credit/debit cards but please allow some time for invoice payments) you’ll receive another email to confirm
the number of licences you have and access to the Manage Licences function. When you have access:
- Sign in to UCL Extend;
- Navigate to the Manage Licences tool (this can also be found in the site footer, when shown);
- Create a learner list, adding learners for each licence, including yourself if needed;
- Once the list is created, select the course you have licences for;
- Once linked, you can process the list and an email invitation will be dispatched to each learner informing them of their access to UCL Extend.
Once you have registered for a course you can sign into UCL Extend and access it. To do this:
- Navigate to UCL Extend
- Click the appropriate ‘Log in’ button;
- Use your email address and password to sign in. If you cannot remember your password click 'Forgotten Password' link on the sign in page;
- Locate your course(s) on the MyeXtend dashboard and click the course you wish to view.
If you are not able to see any courses, but are you have registered and/or paid for one, please contact the Digital Education team. Note that some courses have enrolment expiration dates, and if you once had access it can later expire. If this is case
the course will be listed in the 'past courses' section.
If you have any other questions please contact the Digital Education team